TECHNOLOGY TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
If your computer or laptop will not turn on
- On a desktop, make sure the power cord is plugged into the back of the computer and the outlet. Hit the power button on the back side of the computer. You should be able to hear the computer turn on and hear the fans start spinning. The Apple Logo should appear on the computer.
- On a laptop, press black power button on the top right of the laptop. You should be able to hear the laptop turn on. The Apple Logo should appear on the laptop. If the computer is dead, you will see the battery logo on the screen. Plug the laptop into the charger and allow 5 to 10 minutes before the laptop will turn back on.
If your computer or laptop will not connect to the Internet
- On a desktop, you should have a white or blue ethernet plugged into the back of the computer and into the wall. If not, plug cables into the wall and computer. If your desktop does not have a cable, please submit a tech request.
- LAPTOP ONLY: If your device uses WIFI, check the following. In the top right-hand corner, you should see the WIFI symbol. Click the symbol and ensure that you are connected to the network.
Connecting printer to computer or laptop
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. In the pop-up box, select the + button. Another pop-up box will open. In the tab with the printer icon, you will be able to add any printer within the network. If you do not see the printer you are looking for, you can add in manually. To add a printer manually, second the second tab with the globe icon. Type in the IP Address for that printer and select the add button, all printer IPs are listed on the printer.
Updating computer or laptop
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Software Update, then install any software updates listed.
- Here is a list of keyboard shortcuts that can be used by computers and laptops. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236
Streaming & Airplay on the iPad
- Streaming sites do not allow content to be airplayed. You will need to sign into the actual apps on the Apple TV to watch/display anything on Netflix, etc. Your other option is to connect the HDMI cable to your laptop with the adapter and change the projector remote input settings so that it is mirroring your laptop and not airplaying.
- Make sure that all audio cables are plugged into the computer and speakers. The only cable in the back of the computer should be an HDMI cable. The audio cable is now run from the projector to speakers.
- Make sure the computer and speakers are not muted.
- If your projector is flashing red, it has overheated. To fix this problem, unplug the power cable from the back of the projector. Allow the projector to sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, plug the power cable back into the projector. The projector should turn on like normal.
- If you have a solid red light in the lamp box, the bulb has blown in the projector. Please put in a support ticket.
- If your iPad will not turn on or the screen is frozen, you have two options. If neither option works, bring your iPad to your local iPad Support Staff Member.
- Hold the home and top button on the iPad until you see the Apple logo. This usually takes 15 to 30 seconds.
- Plug your iPad into the official Apple charger. Allow the device to charge for one hour. After the iPad has charged for one hour, repeat step one.
- Any hardware issues such as speakers, buttons, case, Apple Pencil, etc., please contact your local iPad Support Staff Member.